We are adapting our activities to the evolving situation
- Afghanistan is going through a very challenging period. Over the past few months, AKDN agencies have remained operational and functional despite significant challenges.
- Even as international funding was suspended in August 2021, the AKDN demonstrated its unwavering commitment to Afghanistan by carefully and cautiously maintaining operations across multiple provinces and districts.
- AKDN’s approach is based on working with, and being accepted by, communities. All actions and activities implemented by the AKDN in Afghanistan are inclusive of diverse communities.
- AKDN abides by the principles of impartiality and neutrality. AKDN observes strict political neutrality. AKDN’s officials regularly meet national and local leaders, international organisations, diplomats and civil society leaders. Such engagement, across a wide spectrum of actors, seeks to assure AKDN’s ability to achieve its primary purpose: to support vulnerable communities to improve their opportunities and their quality of life.
- All AKDN agencies continue to adjust and adapt to the evolving situation. This includes an increased focus on direct humanitarian support, and strict compliance with international requirements and sanctions.