SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEERS
The Aga Khan Foundation UK, a member of one of the world’s leading international development organisations, is looking to dial up its social media activity to enable us reach more people than ever before in order to share the amazing work of the Aga Khan Development Network and how it is transforming lives. As such, AKF(UK) is seeking a Social Media Guru to help support these efforts.
Purpose of Position & Activities
The Social Media guru will work with the Communications Manager to create exciting content that can be shared across a variety of platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (AKDN), YouTube and LinkedIn – to engage and inform our audiences and encourage them to share content with their networks. Key activities:
- Using news articles, photography and video libraries, booklets and brochures, AKDN websites, and more to create exciting and interesting stories that can be shared across platforms
- Creating and editing short films about our global programmes and activities in the UK
- Managing our social media dashboard to schedule posts and ensure there is a steady stream of content across platforms
- Keeping track of relevant UN ‘World Days’ and linking our content to these to reach new audiences
- Writing blogs about the work of AKDN (including ‘human interest stories’) to bring our impact to life
- Understanding the analytics to make recommendations about types of future posts
What you will learn:
- About the work of AKDN across 30 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East
- Insights into development communications and how social media can be used to raise awareness and promote a cause.
- How to combine facts, stories, news, video and photographs to create compelling and sharable content
- How to use a variety of web, photo and video editing software and to create exciting and sharable social media content
The person we are looking for has:
- A love of photography and story-telling
- Graphic design skills – online tools and/or Adobe Illustrator
- A good understanding of social media, including the latest trends
Interested? Email AKF (UK) with your CV, a link to your photography portfolio (if you have one), availability, and a brief paragraph about why you think you are right for the role ASAP. Good luck!
To apply for other positions within the Aga Khan Development Network, please visit: www.akdn.org/careers
If you are interesting in volunteering for us, please see the volunteer page.